The Information Law Group at the University of Sussex warmly invites you to their 2nd Annual ‘Work in Progress’ Workshop on Wednesday 3rd May.
The workshop provides an opportunity to discuss current research and receive feedback in a highly focused, informal environment.
The event is preceded by a PhD workshop (11-1pm) and followed by a lecture by Rob Wainwright, Director of Europol (5.30-6.30pm), entitled “The Role of Europol in Countering Organised Crime and Terrorism”.
2.00pm – 3.30pm “Challenges to Competition Law in Information Markets”
Chair: Dr Judith Townend (Sussex); Discussant: Prof Chris Marsden (Sussex)
- Dr Konstantinos Stylianou (Leeds) “Redefining Normal Competition: The Case Study of the ICT Industry”
- Dr Konstantina Bania (EBU, TILEC) “The role of consumer data in the enforcement of competition laws”
- Dr Nico Zingales (Sussex) “The rise of ‘infomediaries’ and its implications for antitrust enforcement”
3.30pm – 4.00pm Coffee Break
4.00pm – 5.30pm “Intermediary Platform Responsibility”
Chair: Prof Chris Marsden (Sussex); Discussant: Orla Lynskey (LSE)
- Dr Andres Guadamuz (Sussex), “Whatever happened to our dream of an empowering Internet (and how to get it back)”
- Dr David Erdos (Cambridge), “Intermediary Publisher Responsibility for Third Party Rights in European Data Protection”
- Dr Felipe Romero Moreno (Hertfordshire), “The fake-news phenomenon in the 2016 post-crisis digital era”
5.30pm – 6.30pm Lecture: Rob Wainwright, Director of Europol “The Role of Europol in Countering Organised Crime and Terrorism”.